No doubt, a day at the spa is a much-deserved indulgence. What if every day could be a spa day? With a little planning and the right fixtures, you can transform your bathroom into an amazing spa.
Gather Ideas for Your Bathroom Transformation
Beautiful interiors start with inspiration. Start gathering ideas for your bathroom transformation by visiting a spa in person or browsing Pinterest. What do you love? What calms you? Pay close attention to colors, textures, lighting, towel racks, rectangular freestanding bathtubs, freestanding sinks, faucets, storage, shapes, and aesthetics.
Clear Out the Clutter
Now that you have a plan for your bathroom spa, it’s time to clear out the clutter and clean the space from top to bottom. Relaxing spas generally have clean lines and minimal clutter, so put away the hair dryer, curling iron, shaving equipment, and toiletries and clean every surface.
Removing the clutter and cleaning the bathroom provides you with a blank canvas on which to build your amazing spa. You’ll also find it easier to keep your bathroom clean, sparkling, and inviting once the clutter’s gone.
Invest in Beautiful Storage Systems
You’ll want to ensure that everything you need is within easy reach, yet not an eyesore. Investing in attractive storage systems is money well spent. This could mean upgrading your bathroom cabinets or it could be as simple as buying a few baskets for stashing extra towels and washcloths.
Create a Focal Point
Creating a focal point in the bathroom gives it character and sets the tone. Consider adding a freestanding bathtub such as the Badeloft BW-05 freestanding bathtub. Not only will a modern freestanding tub command attention, it will entice you to step in and soak for a while.
Satisfy all of the Senses
Now that the basics are in place, it’s time to set the stage by satisfying all of the five senses: sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste.
- Fill your bathroom with light. Ideas include skylights, new windows if privacy is not an issue, dimmable lights, and luxurious light fixtures. If your bathroom currently has harsh fluorescent lighting, it may be time to upgrade your light bulbs to a more flattering light source. In general, you’ll need task lighting, ambient lighting to fill in space, and accent lights to create visual interest. Crisp white light and natural light are both desirable in the bathroom. For soaking at night, dim the lights are set the stage with candles.
- Bring in sound. Whether using your phone and a portable speaker or a tabletop fountain, adding ambient sounds like soft music or burbling water can help you relax.
- Add a dash of fragrance. From scented candles and bath and aromatherapy oils to fresh flowers, the options for infusion in your bathroom with delightful aromas are plentiful.
- Stay warm and cozy. Surround yourself in luxury with heated towels. Investing in a towel warmer rack will ensure that your towels are always nice and toasty.
- Quench your thirst. Satisfy your sense of taste, and stay hydrated no matter how long you soak, by stocking the bathroom with bottled water or bringing up a pitcher of iced tea.
Once you’ve transformed your bathroom into a luxurious spa, it’s time to enjoy it. Fill the tub with warm water, heat up those towels, adjust the lighting, step into the tub, and enjoy!