Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-S
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-S-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-S-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XXL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XXL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-01-XXL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-S
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-S-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-S-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-M
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-M-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-M-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-02-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-M
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-M-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-M-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-03-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-04-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-05-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-L
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-L-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-L-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-XL
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-XL-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-06-XL-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-07
Freestanding Bathtub BW-07-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-07-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-08
Freestanding Bathtub BW-08-BLK
Freestanding Bathtub BW-08-GRY
Freestanding Bathtub BW-09
Freestanding Bathtub BW-09-BLK
Freestanding Bathtubs: FAQs, Options, and Price
Freestanding bathtubs are the all-in-one solution for bathing and relaxing. You’ll find the best freestanding bathtubs made of stone resin at Badeloft.
A freestanding bathtub is a tub that stands on its own in your bathroom. It’s a versatile bathtub for any size bathroom, as you can install the tub anywhere you like—not just against the wall or under the shower. Freestanding tubs by Badeloft are popular in luxury bathrooms around the globe. Their stone resin material and beautiful hand-crafted design make them more than just bathroom appliances. They’re a place to bathe, relax, and unwind. And, they’re a centerpiece for your bathroom that lasts a lifetime.
Features to Consider when Choosing a Freestanding Bathtub
Freestanding bathtubs may be versatile, but that makes it even more important to choose one with the features that complement your bathroom. These include everything from the tub materials to the tub filler. Unlike a standard tub, a freestanding tub will change the entire layout and ambiance of your bathroom. Choose the right features, and your space will feel more luxurious and relaxing. Choose the wrong ones, and it will feel cluttered or mismatched. Here’s what you need to consider before you buy.
Badeloft’s Best Freestanding Tubs of 2021
The following are the most popular of Badeloft’s line of freestanding tubs.
- Rectangular Double-Ended Freestanding Tub
- Corona Double-Slipper Freestanding Tub
- Almond Double-Ended Freestanding Tub
Here are a few reasons why so many around the world choose these Badeloft freestanding tubs for their luxury bathrooms.
- Easy to Clean: Badeloft freestanding tubs are made of natural stone resin. This durable material is easy to clean with a damp cloth, and it maintains its sheen for decades.
- Overflow drain: Badeloft tubs include pre-drilled overflow drains to prevent damage to your bathroom floor. These drains are especially beneficial for families with young children as well as couples who bathe together.
- Portable: Stone resin is incredibly durable, yet it’s not as heavy as other materials like marble and cast iron. You’ll be able to move it into your home and bathroom without special assistance.
- Water-Saving: Badeloft’s proprietary stone resin is an excellent insulator. You can enjoy longer, hotter baths without having to refill the tub. This can save thousands of gallons of water each year.
- Affordable: Thanks to Badeloft’s sustainable practices and unique stone resin material, you can enjoy a luxury bathroom at a lower price than most other premium brands.
- Space Efficient: Many of Badeloft’s tubs feature exterior and interior slopes that maximize bathing space while conserving floor space. Even our smaller freestanding tubs feel spacious and comfortable.
Installing a freestanding bathtub by yourself can be a daunting task due to its size and weight. Luckily, Badeloft’s stone resin tubs are lighter and easier to install. There are also a wide variety of fixtures to add to your bathtub, such as faucet extenders, faucet heads, drain types, and drain caps. The fixtures you choose will depend on your bathroom and your tub style. Your Badeloft customer service representative will guide you through all of this.
If you have existing plumbing fixtures where you’d like to place your freestanding tub, you can install your tub quite easily on your own. This is especially true if you use an EZ-Drop in drain, a Badeloft exclusive. You can learn more in our step-by-step guide. If you need to adjust your current plumbing to accommodate your tub, please consult a professional.
Soak Away the Stress
A freestanding bathtub is more than just a soaking tub. It’s the centerpiece of your bathroom. Not only will it define the style of your space, but it will determine how you feel in your bathroom every day. Badeloft’s luxury soaking tubs are much more than just visually appealing. They’re made of smooth stone resin that’s cool and grounding to the touch. The slopes and curves are engineered with ergonomic precision, so you can sit back and relax in comfort without shoulder or back pain. And, our soaking tubs are built to last decades.
A Badeloft tub brings spa-like relaxation to your home. It’s the perfect vessel to take you miles away from the stress of daily life. Browse our line of freestanding tubs and accessories, and come see why so many choose Badeloft for their luxury bathrooms.
Size is the most important factor when buying a freestanding bathtub. It might seem obvious, but there are many size-related aspects to consider. These include:
- The size of your bathroom floor
- The size of your body relative to the length, width, and depth of the tub
- The width of your doorframes, hallways, and stairwells (for moving the tub into your home)
- The height of your ceilings (for aesthetic reasons)
Remember, your freestanding bathtub is more than just a practical appliance. It will define the look of your space, much like your bed defines the look of your bedroom.
Badeloft bathtubs come in four sizes to fit in any bathroom. Here are the sizes and dimensions (the dimensions may vary slightly by design):
- Small: 58.2 x 28.7 x 22 in
- Medium: 63 x 31.5 x 21.3 in
- Large: 66.9 x 33.5 x 22 in
- Extra-Large: 72.8 x 32.7 x 22 in
- Extra-Extra-Large: 74.8 x 47.2 x 23.6 in
Badeloft’s small and medium-sized tubs are ideal for modest bathrooms and guest baths. Large tubs fit comfortably in medium-sized and master bathrooms. The XL and XXL sizes are ideal for spacious master baths. The XXL is also recommended for couples who like to share soaks together.
Freestanding tubs come in a variety of styles. This makes it easy to find a unique tub design for your space. The most popular designs include:
- Single Ended: This style features the faucet and drain at one end of the tub. This end is usually flat, while the other end is sloped to accommodate a single bather.
- Single Slipper: Single slipper baths are raised and sloped at one end and flat on the other (where the drain is located). This gives them the appearance of a woman’s slipper.
- Double Ended: In a double-ended bath, the drain and faucet are in the center of the tub, so both ends can be sloped. Large tubs in this style can accommodate two bathers.
- Double Slipper: A double slipper features two raised, sloped ends, giving the tub the appearance of a crescent moon. The faucet and drain are in the middle.
- Clawfoot: These tubs rest on legs that raise the tub off the floor. They are stylish and easy to maintain, but they are more physically demanding to enter and exit.
- Pedestal/Skirted: Pedestal tubs sit on a platform that raises them off the floor. They are an alternative to clawfoot tubs.
- Japanese Soaking: Also called Ofuros, these tubs are tall and barrel-shaped. They’re used for relaxation or post-shower soaks.
Badeloft soaking tubs are available in many of the above popular styles as well as exclusive designs for those who want a truly unique bathroom.
The personality of your freestanding tub comes from its shape. The shape of your tub is defined by its exterior angles or curves. The following are popular freestanding tub shapes:
- Double Slipper
Every tub manufacturer offers its own tub shapes and designs, as well as popular favorites. If you’re looking for a unique design, make sure to choose an artisanal manufacturer that builds your tub to order, such as Badeloft.
Your tub material determines the look of your tub and how it feels against your skin. It will also impact insulation, durability, and maintenance. Some popular tub materials include:
- Acrylic: The most popular tub material, but can bend over time and is prone to scratching.
- Porcelain: A classic look and easy to maintain, but slippery and a poor insulator.
- Marble: Durable and beautiful but costly and very heavy.
- Cast iron: Very durable but very heavy and can rust if the enamel cracks.
- Copper: Antibacterial and strong but very expensive. Bronze and brass are cheaper alternatives.
- Fiberglass: Lightweight and affordable. But it’s the least durable material.
- Solid surface: This synthetic material is smooth to the touch and durable but expensive and heavy.
- Stone resin: Natural stone made stronger. Stone resin is durable, beautiful, easy to clean, and an excellent insulator. It’s well-priced but somewhat heavy.
Learn more about the different bathtub materials here.
Your freestanding tub is only part of your purchase. When you buy a new tub, you might receive additional accessories and services such as:
- A drain hole and drain cap
- An overflow drain
- A tub filler (faucet)
- A warranty
Tip: Don’t assume that your freestanding tub will include pre-drilled holes for drains and faucets.
Badeloft’s freestanding tubs include an overflow drain, an optional drop-in drain, a tub filler/faucet, and a 10-year warranty. Plus, your purchase includes personalized customer service from the time you begin your journey with us to post-installation.