Choosing the Perfect Freestanding Bathtub Faucet
Ah, the luxury of a bath is simply beyond compare. For the most luxurious of soaks, you’ll need more than bath salts and oil. Those are the software, and they come later. What you need first is hardware, like a freestanding bathtub faucet. This investment adds an elegant touch that exudes luxury before, during, and after your baths.
Why Choose a Freestanding Faucet?
Freestanding bathtubs have made a splash in recent years, becoming a popular choice in modern and traditional homes alike. Freestanding bathtub faucets do not touch the bathtub itself. Rather, they’re mounted close to it. As a result, there’s no hardware on the rim or deck of the bathtub.
While you could position your bathtub against a wall or opt for a tub-mounted faucet, the aesthetic of a freestanding bathtub faucet is hard to beat. Whether you like the industrial look of exposed (but finished beautifully) plumbing or want a sleek, modern silhouette, you’re sure to find a freestanding bathtub faucet that appeals to your sense of style.
Types of Freestanding Bathtub Faucets
Freestanding bathtub faucets are generally floor mounted. The basic types of freestanding bathtub fillers include:
Single handle free standing bathtub faucets — As the name implies, one handle is used to control the flow of hot and cold water. This style is ideal for those who prefer a sleek, minimalist aesthetic in the bathroom.
Double handle freestanding bathtub faucets — This style features two handles, one for hot water, the other for cold. If you have a more traditional freestanding tub, such as a claw foot tub, a two-handled freestanding tub faucet would look lovely.
Freestanding bathtub faucets with a handheld shower wand — Want the option of showering, or at least rinsing off occasionally? Consider a freestanding bathtub faucet with a handheld shower wand incorporated into the design. For example, the Badeloft AT-06 freestanding bathtub faucet is an elegant addition to a modern freestanding bathtub — and it features a separate hand-held shower wand. The wand’s shape mimics that of the faucet itself, adding both form and function to the bathing experience.
Freestanding Bathtub Faucet Finishes
Like other bathroom faucets, freestanding bathtub faucets are available in various finishes including:
- Brass — Available in polished or satin finishes, brass bathtub faucets are durable and attractive. Polished brass fixtures fit in nicely in vintage bathrooms while satin brass, which has a matte finish, looks lovely in modern bathrooms.
- Copper — Bold and beautiful, copper bathroom faucets develop a patina over time, giving the room a sense of timelessness and character. Copper bathroom fixtures lend themselves to rooms with an industrial, steampunk, or farmhouse style.
- Nickel — Darker than chrome, but just as durable and easy to maintain, both polished and brushed nickel finishes are attractive choices for free standing bathtub faucets.
- Oil rubbed bronze — Darkly rich and easy to clean, oil rubbed bronze faucets are an attractive choice that makes a bold statement.
- Chrome — Inexpensive and shiny, what’s not to love about Chrome? Chrome freestanding bathtub faucets are gorgeous, and they go with virtually any style.
- Black — Black bathroom faucets are harder to come by than the more popular finishes such as chrome or nickel. However, they can be a stunning choice.
Choosing the perfect free standing bathtub filler for your bathtub is a matter of personal taste. Some people will prefer a modern faucet with a handheld shower while others may want something more traditional looking with an oil-rubbed bronze finish. However, one common element that most will agree upon is quality.
Your freestanding bathtub faucet should be built to last with quality materials, expert workmanship, and a durable finish. Make sure to check each faucet’s warranty to ensure that you’re buying a quality product backed by the manufacturer.
While you may want to have your new freestanding bathtub faucet professionally installed by a plumber, installation can be a do-it-yourself job. If you plan on installing the faucet yourself, check the manufacturer’s website to see if installation instructions are available.
Adding a freestanding bathtub filler to your large freestanding tub is an elegant choice that will bring joy for years to come. Choose a quality fixture and enjoy!