14 Most Comfortable bathtubs for 2021
A bathtub should be an oasis and a way of escaping the daily stressors of the modern day. Today we will discuss what makes a bathtub comfortable and what you should look for when creating your perfect escape in your bathroom.
10 Bathtub Comfort Factors:
Bathtubs are designed to provide comfort and security to their users. But there are many factors that add to the comfort of a bathtub, so consider these factors when looking for the right tub.
- Size-The size of your bathtub will greatly impact your comfort as you might end up with a bathtub that is entirely too small for you. Conversely, a larger tub can fit a large range of body sizes but may be more difficult to install so it is best that you find a happy medium for all users in your household.
- Shape-Similar to the size of your tub, the shape of your tub will affect your comfort level. Some tubs are built to be comfortable in a sitting position whereas others are designed to allow you to lay down completely, drastically changing your body’s posture over a long period of time. Since bathtubs are designed to allow for long-term soaking and relaxing, it is best to find a shape that is comfortable to sit in for long periods.
- Material-A bathtub’s material affects it’s heat retention as well it’s feel on the user’s skin. The higher quality the material is, the better the heat retention which means that your water will remain hotter for longer periods of time. Additionally, higher quality material will be more comfortable on your skin which is more ideal for longer bathing periods.
- Position of bathtub-The position of your bathtub can affect your comfort as having natural lighting or position near a window can change your mood while bathing. Additionally, having your bathtub positioned in an open area is much more relaxing than being anchored to a wall.
- Water temperature (stone resin)-The most important factor while bathing is water temperature. Bathtubs with poor heat retention will result in your bathtub filling with cold water after a short period of time. So for your comfort, it is key that you find a bathtub constructed from a material that has good heat retention such as stone resin. This will allow you to take longer baths without warming the water as frequently.
- Accessories-Additional accessories can greatly improve the comfort and environment of your bath time. Remember that bathing is about relaxing in your environment so accessories for either comfort or convenience are welcome additions. Consider adding a tray, installing a wall caddy or adding faucet extensions to increase the range of your faucet.
- Lighting-Natural lighting can elevate the mood and feel of your bathroom. Combined with elements such as live plants and the decor of furniture, you can use something as simple as a window to bring vibrancy to your bathing experience.
- Environment-Your bathroom’s environment can drastically affect your mood while bathing. A darker space can create a more relaxing environment that can make you feel more comfortable.
- Colors and Moods-Similar to your environment, the colors you choose for your bathroom can help elevate the mood and feel of your bathroom. Darker aesthetics can make your bathroom appear more modern whereas brighter tones can make your space more vibrant and active.
14 of the Most Comfortable bathtubs examples
A spacious and modern bathroom that utilizes a large window to provide natural lighting. The large window serves a double purpose by providing a bathing environment that is close in touch with nature while providing enough illumination for the whole bathroom. The floor and wallpaper compliment this aesthetic by providing a sleek and modern material that is perfect for providing a quiet place of solitude for your bath.
A quiet retreat from the noise of the modern day. This bathroom uses natural lighting to help provide a sense of calm and ease. Wooden accents form the floor and provide a natural material that is both calming and comfortable to step on. Built-in recesses in the wall form a natural shelf which help to provide convenience. The living plant helps tie the bathroom together by providing vibrancy to contrast against the cooler tones.
A classic bathroom utilizing it’s aesthetic to create a spa-like environment. The white tones establish cleanliness and vibrancy. The subtle gold trimmings in the chandelier and the muted browns of the vanity help to create a great contrast against the classic whites of this bathroom. Lastly, the natural lighting helps to ensure that this bathroom remains vibrant.
The chandelier and sconces in this bathroom provide light, and tie well with the curtains. Tan curtains are a soothing earthtone, and also help to provide a private oasis from daily stressors.. A light tile floor helps to accentuate the curtains, and amplify the natural light from the windows. Finally, the freestanding bathtub helps to create a modern anchor that ties it all together.
A simple, rustic bathroom that provides a country-side escape. Shelves and hooks help to organize and create a serene environment. The large bathtub is great for families and has enough space for bubble baths that can help to relax it’s users. Lastly, with the more natural wooden flooring, this bathroom is easy to clean, making it feel refreshing and soothing.
A modern bathroom that uses its negative space well. The freestanding tub is low to the ground, which is excellent for safety and comfort while getting into the tub. Live plants help to bring a sense of vibrancy and color which provides great contrast to the simple aesthetic of this bathroom.
A classic bathroom for the modern person. The wooden vanity compliments the simple aesthetic of the bathroom while providing ample storage below the granite countertop. Large windows help to provide a sense of open space while making the bathroom appear larger. As always, live plants help to provide a hint of elegance to help provide a soothing bath experience.
adkf A large bathtub that is great for bubble baths and relaxation. A simple tray helps to provide a platform for food, bathroom amenities and other entertainment during a long soak. Lastly, the wallpaper helps to create a blank canvas that pairs well with any fixture to create a modern oasis.
A unique bathroom that blends modern sensibilities with classic touches. The slated color of the tub helps to blend well with the stone tile wall, creating a sleek and relaxing area to bathe in. Large plants help to add color and levity which contrasts well with the modern storage racks. Lastly, with the large windows, this bathroom receives natural lighting as well as an inviting soothing breeze while you bathe. This bathroom is unique. The dark tub is different, and plays well with the stone tile wall. The opening windows are perfect for natural light and inviting a soothing breeze.
A very simple yet spacious and comforting bathroom. The wooden floor provides a great compliment with the wallpaper and is remarkably easy to clean. Large blinds help to provide light on command and compliments the simple storage on the wall and the wooden aesthetic. accents the wooden wallpaper, and is also very easy to clean. The blinds also accent the wooden aesthetic.
This large tub is inviting and easy to access with the handles on the side. The orchids and lit candles provide a romantic and relaxing atmosphere. The space around the tub is ample for placing amenities that are easy to access from the inside of the tub so you can easily focus on your bath without any interruptions..
A modern bathroom with elegant finishes. The walk in shower helps to provide convenience and establish a sense of space. The freestanding tub is perfectly situated, providing easy access to natural light, a nice breeze and shower amenities on the wall. This bathroom creates a perfect environment to bathe in, with all the elements of a bath in easy reach of the bather.
A simple but modern bathroom. The blinds match well with this simple aesthetic, providing natural light on command. Live plants contrast well, able to add needed vibracy to the space. The storage and the hooks help to tidy up the space, creating a pleasant and clean environment so you can focus on your bath.
An excellent combination of modern and classic styles that create a truly comforting space. The accessories of this bathroom are subtle but help to tidy up the space by providing storage space that is non-intrusive and helps to add to the aesthetics of a more modern bathroom. Natural lighting from the large window help to bring in more sunlight which contrasts well with the more muted tones of this bathroom to create an oasis from the trappings of the concrete jungle.
Bathtubs provide a comforting escape from the average workspace so consider what elements you find most relaxing to you. Work to create a comforting environment, find the colors that compliment your bathroom and soon you can enjoy a bathtub that will be the definition of comfort.